Wednesday 3 October 2012

Button Bonanza - The Bounty!

As anyone who sews knows, the right buttons can really make an outfit. I'm currently working on a 1950s coat dress and went to Buttonfest hoping to find the perfect fastenings to finish it off - unfortunately I neglected to take into account I'd need fifteen identical ones. Large quantities of vintage buttons are a rarity (apparently), but I was lucky enough to find some buttons I could work with and they were only twenty cents each!
 
While I don't really have any projects in mind for the rest of my treasures, at five cents to one dollar a piece, they were too good a bargain to leave behind. Plus, you can never have too many notions in your stash.


Can you tell I have coats & jackets on the brain?
 
 
Some random black & reds...
 
 
For some reason, the pink & brown buttons at the front
make me think of ice cream.
 
 
The holes in the blue/grey buttons have been made on an angle which means when they're sewn on, they'll sit asymmetrically. I can't wait to use them! Oh, and the green buttons on the right are carved glass and were $1 a piece! Hello, 1930s blouse? 
 
 
And lastly, my favourite find of the afternoon,
pale blue glass with gold accents.
So pretty & shiny....
 
- Tamara
 



2 comments:

  1. Oh wow that is really the best haul ever! I was in Clunes/Ballarat on the weekend and couldn't make it. Really could do with stocking up on some buttons too! Do you find you always buy the same colours? I do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...