Friday 1 June 2012

Gift for a Sweetheart

Earlier this week, the lovely Jessica from Chronically Vintage shared some of her favourite brooches from her collection. It has inspired me to finally get off my butt and photograph my sweetheart brooches, something I've been meaning to do for months.

I've been collecting sweetheart brooches for about three years now and the majority have been purchased from the US, mainly via eBay. I used to wear these brooches on occasion, but when I lost my beloved stirling silver 'V for Victory' pin - complete with morse code - somewhere between home and work, I decided they were better left in their box. I'd really like to display them somehow so if anyone has any nifty ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Not wearing my sweethearts means no one else gets to see them, so today I'd like to share some of my favourites with you. Enjoy!


An Airforce sweetheart



The Allied Forces - I very nearly lost this one too.



A much sort after American heart sweetheart.


My replacement V for Victory pin, the original was much nicer.


A Navy sweetheart.


And the most prized of my collection...
A rare Australian mother-of-pearl sweetheart pin.

Have a great weekend everyone!

-Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...