Tuesday 6 March 2012

Too Cool for Skool

This Sunday was Kustom Lane Gallery's first 'Market for the Cool' for the year - and my first time as a stall-holder. After my last market at Thread Den I wasn't sure if I wanted to do another, but this one sounded a little more like my kinda thing so I thought I'd give it a go.

Kustom Lane Gallery, 6 Luton Lane, Hawthorn.

The 'Market for the Cool' is a vintage & collectables swap-meet, held four times a year at Kustom Lane Gallery in Hawthorn. I'd never even been to the market before Sunday so I had no idea what to expect. 

There were some weird and wonderfully kitsch things on offer...
The 'Strom-Bot' was very popular,
 but I don't think anyone took him home.






How about these recycled books from Made By Matt (.com.au)? I love 'em!
Their website should be live by the end of the week so be sure to check back later.


Unfortunately, there were a couple of other rockabilly events on this weekend which meant numbers were down, but there was a really relaxed atmosphere and everyone was very friendly. And, when it came time to pack up, I didn't even have to think twice about booking a stall for the next market.


Market for the Cool
Sunday, 14th April
 8am - 12 noon
That's roughly five weeks away so be sure to mark it in your diaries!!

-Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...