Thursday 11 August 2011

The 500 Days of Summer Project

Greetings dear Readers!

Sorry for the extended radio silence this week, we've had some hardcore sickness happening in this house and today is the first day I've had enough energy to switch on the computer. Mdblm has had the flu for nearly three weeks now (it finally appears to be receding) and me, well I have somehow managed to get myself a nasty dose of gastro. I will spare you the gory details, it has been most unpleasant indeed, but I'm afraid I've not been able to do any sewing what so ever. That said however, I do have a couple of back-up post for such occasions...

I saw the film 500 Days of Summer last year and loved, loved, LOVED it!! If you've not seen it I won't give the story away, but Zooey Deschanel's character Summer wears some awesome, vintage style clothing. From here the "500 Days of Summer Project" was born. In the film, Tom comments that Summer wears "60s clothes" but that's a bit too new for me, so I decided to use patterns from the 40s & 50s. I've not made much progress but I've already several suitable patterns in my collection and just a couple more to find.

The first completed outfit is from the rooftop garden party scene towards the end of the film...



This late 40s repro pattern, Butterick B5214, is very similar...


And here's my version...


it's a bit too short for my liking but it's a pretty good representation, don't you think?

-Tamara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...